Robert Hazen, Robinson Professor of Earth Sciences, conducted field work in the renowned ophiolite complex of the Sultanate of Oman as part of his work with the Deep Carbon Observatory.
John Paden, Robinson Professor of International Studies, engaged in the following outreach programs inJanuary:
- Briefed the assistant secretary general of the United Nations/coordinator of the UN response on the regional impact of Boko Haram.
- Briefed the World Bank Nigeria team on current electoral developments in Nigeria.
- Participated in a roundtable discussion of the Nigerian election process at the U.S. Institute of Peace.
- Briefed the European Union Nigeria team on counter-narratives to violent extremists in Nigeria.
- Wrote a full-length special report for the U.S. Institute of Peace on Religion and Conflict in Nigeria: Countdown to the 2015 Elections.